Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm sure that Reform Ohio Now and others on the left will be all over Governor Taft's apology for dropping the ball by not reporting dozens of golf outings and social events to the Ohio Ethics Commission. And I suppose rightfully so. To me though, it's focusing on the wrong things. It's a bunch of golf outings for crying out loud, worth a couple of thousand dollars probably. These (essentially) accounting errors don't worry me at all.

What worries me is the mismanagement of this State. What worries me is a $2 billion dollar bond issue that covers over more corporate welfare with "infrastructure" smoke. What concerns me is the lowering of taxes while increasing fees and the cost of doing business, followed by a tax increase. What concerns me is a State run Bureau of Workers Compensation that is a financial disaster. What concerns me is supposedly "fiscally conservative" Republicans leading the charge, followed closely behind by the Democrats in a race to see just how badly they can overspend their budget.

Golf outings between cronies is the least of Ohio's worries. Governor Taft and spendthrift legislators should be at the top of the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home